2 Aug 2011

Appleseed Xiii

Not a sequel, but a retelling, Appleseed xiii is a CGI anime adaptation of Masamune Shirow's science fiction manga series Appleseed.

Composed of 13 (22minute) episodes and claiming to follow the original material more closely. Appleseed Xiii is being released as a combination of online streaming episodes, a two film remix, and optical disc sets.  The story follows the exploits of the ES.W.A.T. special forces member Deunan Knute and her combat cyborg colleague Briareos at the city of Olympus after World War V

The films:
Appleseed Xiii Yuigon - Tartoros (In Japanese theatres now)
Appleseed Xiii Yogen - Ouranos (due for release Oct 24th)

The clip above a trailer for the first film

See all Anime Movie DVD posts
Official website
Masamune Shirow Wallpaper
Masamune Shirow Wallpaper 2

2 comments:

Catherine Meyers said...

Hi!,

My name is Catherine Meyers, I’m the webmaster of a high web traffic blog directory and a games site, I've been checking your blog and I find it great, really nice illustrations (loved the one s from Grassetti), and anime and cosplay articles, so I thought you could be interested in a link exchange with my sites, (no money involved), this might help increase the visits to Rendered Beauty and get nice comments and feedback. Let me know if you are interested to send you the links to my sites.

Kind Regards,

Cathy

Unknown said...

Greetings ms.Meyers, thank you for your kind comments, but right now I'm a happy little camper with the limited number of visitors I already recieve. However thank you for such a generous offer. Regards :)

Kotobukiya Figures